Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:34:21 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Eduardo Cerejo <ejcerejo@optonline.net>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to uninstall a flash port.

Eduardo Cerejo wrote:
>> I installed the Linux flash9 port on a new 7.0 box to work with
>> SeaMonkey and it dies when it reaches flash using sites.
>>
>> How can I de-install this port with out causing problems to other programs?
>>
>> I cant find it in the  handbook how to's.   Im I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks...
>>

> by the way you can use linux-flash7 instead and if you are using the native FreeBSD firefox and not linux-firefox you have to install and use nspluginwrapper or else it will not work, your second alternative is gnash which works natively with firefox.  To use nspluginwrapper you would have to run this after the install.
> nspluginwrapper -i /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
> remember for the linux plugins to embed on the native firefox they need some kind of wrapper.  Flashplugin9 will not work with native firefox or linux-firefox and I think it's because the linux emulator uses an old version of linux so we have to wait until it changes to a more current version.

Aloha Eduardo,

If I am running linux-seamonkey  port is the concept the same to get it
to work? Which wrapper?

FYI: I have followed the list questions on this issue. So I tried first
to use flashplugin7 and some websites want 9 or they wont work. The
sites say you have to use 9.

Thanks for the help.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +