Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:40:15 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        cumquott@suscom.net, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: LPD protocol screwup and ctl_renametf error

At 1:12 PM -0400 10/18/02, TheGlenMann wrote:
>Docs on the subtleties on LPD seem to be in short supply. It looks
>like the PAGEPROTECT thing breaks the whole system, then the cannot
>rename seems to be Windows trying again to send the file...
>
>How can I determine what is wrong? I suspect that permissions are
>preventing transfer of the actual print file (given on the l line),
>as I cannot find it on the system.

I do a lot of the support for lpr/lpd in freebsd.  From a quick look
at your message, I suspect that the windows side is not doing the
right thing when it comes to sending the data-file for a print job.

I'll try to take a longer look at your report, and give you a better
answer within the next few days.