Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:05:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP C1553A and chio/pickers

No- it's probably reporting exactly what an HP drive reports.

It does not, in fact, have to have a picker, since the HP model is that of a
rotating cartridge that presents to a tape.

Picker is a misleading name- you have IE, MT, ST, DT elements in a changer.
These are Import/Export, Media Transport, Storage Type and Data Transfer
elements. All are optional buti n particular, both the MT (picker) and IE
elements do not have to be present to have a valid changer.

You'll find, btw, that an Archive Python is much the same.