Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:20:55 -0800
From:      "David Smithson" <david-s@foundation-i.com>
To:        "Bob Willcox" <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Gigabit for FreeBSD

> I am experiencing three relatively small issues:
>=20
> 1. The SMC card seems to take a couple of tries to get the link up. I
>    usually get several messages at boot time that the gigabit=20
> link is up
>    from the driver, so it appears that it comes up put=20
> quickly drops one
>    or more times before finally staying up (I have never seen it drop
>    once the system is running).
>=20

I have a similar issue with the nge driver.  Ocasionally I will get =
repeated messages "gigabit link up" or something like that.  It's not a =
regular occurance though, and the link never actually comes up.  I =
wonder if there could be some conflict between the Netgear interface and =
my Asante switch.