Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:37:45 -0500
From:      "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-stable-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem building world on 9.1 stable after changing 100% to svn

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Lowell Gilbert <
freebsd-stable-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am currently tying to use the new tools that replace cvsup and then
> > recompile.  Ports are working as expected but buildworld has been givin=
> me
> > a headache .
> > I'm manually trying
> >

> > # svn up /usr/src
> >
> >    Updating '.':
> >    At revision 248935.
> >
> > # cd /usr/src
> >  # make buildworld
> >
> > It then chugs right along util it generates tha e following error:
> >
> > cc -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/../../contrib/mtree
> > -I/usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/../../lib/libnetbsd
> > -I/usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/../../lib/libmd -std=3Dgnu99 -fstack-protec=
tor
> > -Wsystem-headers -Werror -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -W -Wno-unused-parameter
> > -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type
> > -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wunused-parameter
> > -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Winline -Wnested-externs
> -Wredundant-decls
> > -Wold-style-definition -Wno-pointer-sign -c
> > /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c: In function 'metadata_log':
> > /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c:1331: warning: implicit declaratio=
> of
> > function 'strsvis'
> > /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c:1331: warning: nested extern
> > declaration of 'strsvis'
> > *** [xinstall.o] Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall.
> > *** [all] Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin.
> > *** [usr.bin.all__D] Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> > *** [everything] Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> > *** [buildworld] Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> >
> > I've probably missed something obvious because I can't find it and I've
> > been building world for years with no real problems.
>
> This looks like a real compile problem, so the issue is unlikely to be
> related to how you got the sources (i.e., the svn conversion is probably
> a red herring. My first guess was that some developer had broken the
> build entirely, but I've now done a successful buildworld (with the same
> revision you have), so the problem appears to be local to your system.
>
> It's possible you're building with the wrong set of headers, but every
> case I can think of would have given you an error earlier than this.
> Do you get any output from:
>  # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
> by any chance?
>
> What command did you use for your initial source checkout from SubVersion=
?

I did it twice.

# cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
M       xinstall.c
# cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
M       xinstall.c

Hopefully you will find something there.

Thanks

ed

--=20
Bienes Ra=EDces in Coatepec, Veracruz, Mexico

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inmobiliaria-Bienes-Raices-httpEcoManiainfo/1=
02249989850215?sk=3Dphotos_albums