Date:      Sun, 12 Jun 2011 08:30:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
To:        Da Rock <freebsd-bluetooth@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
Cc:        bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus bluetooth device - 0x1712

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011, Da Rock wrote:

> Trying to get this device to work on my laptop (after some time of neglect -
> I've had no use or time to look into it as yet), but none of the drivers seem
> to be working. I've even tried the atheros driver by Rusty which doesn't
> appear to be the same device anyway.
>
> Under usbconfig I get:
> <vendor 0x0b05 product 0x1712, class 224/1, rev 2.00/19.15, addr 2> on usbus5
>
> Any ideas?

class 224/1 is wireless/rf, is there a way to check the device protocol?
it should be 1 (bluetooth) for the ubt driver to match..

> Also, what is the state of bluetooth 2.x? Everything I've read has only
> mentioned 1.1.

4.0, 3.0 & 2.x spec are all mostly backwards compatible (there are very
few deprecations) and the FreeBSD stack should continue to work on all
modern devices, albeit without advanced features..

iain