Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 17:56:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hello, world....

   Hello, world: very sincerely!

   Can anyone tell me how much of the locale stuff is complete
   in 2.1?  For example, if I picked up my system and moved
   across the pond to the UK, could I switch to the pound sign
   rather than the dollar sign?  With a simple command, I
   mean.  Or in France, use the franc symbol and guillmets
   instead of American/English comma-quotes.

   Since FreeBSD is already international, do we have the
   locale stuff in place?

   Pointers, please!

   gary kline

   PS:  Um, no, I haven't checked the src or docs yet...still
   at work.   --I will; just thought I'd ask the group first.