Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:58:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@pcp01840552pcs.owngsm01.md.comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org

i,

I recently had a problem with my time keeping on a cvsup -stable build. My kernel clock would race. Within 15 minutes from setting localtime with date(1), my localtime would be more than .5 hrs ahead of where it should be.

    When I built my kernel, I didnt use the default value "options    HZ=100". I actually used "options    HZ=10".

    Is this the cause of my racing clock?

    Looking through the kernel cfg now, I may have misunderstood, and thought "a smaller granularity" meant I had to lower the value of the default HZ :)

    Any thoughts?

Also, why cant a windows client(outlook express) send mail to this list? does anyone else have this problem?

Thx.

Vince

(I have no witty additive!)