Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 09:31:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernels, panics & the debugger

> > A kernel variable or something like this would be great; I would really like
> > to run the debugger on all my systems, but cannot risk it on machines that
> > must be up 24/7.
> >
> > I mentioned this some time ago, but nobody seemed too interested.
>
> A ``mentioned'' only gets you so far, it means one of us has to take
> your ``idea'' and go spend the hour or so to implement it.  A well
> documented, minimized change context diff will get your ideas a lot
> farther than just a request for them :-)

A lack of interest translates into a waste of time to implement; time which
I do not have.  And, as it would probably take me a little longer than just
an hour to implement, and I did not consider it to be of prime usefulness to
have a feature that only I was interested in, I wasn't about to try to
figure out how to go about doing it..

If that's changed, I might consider it.  But given the amount of junk that's
suddenly been dumped on me in terms of work in the last two weeks, it does
not look too promising to be able to do ANY hacking in the near future  :-(
!!!!!

... JG