Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:54:37 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.6.2 install problem

At 0041 -0700 8/17/2002, Doug Hardie wrote:
>A new install of 4.6.2 from the iso image.  Two problems have show up:
>
>the command who returns:
>
>freebie% who
>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: who: Undefined symbol "nl_langinfo"
>

>and ssh gives:
>
>freebie% ssh zoon
>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libssh.so.2: Undefined symbol
>"readpassphrase"
>
>No ports have been installed yet.
>--
>-- Doug

The binary who in the 4.6.2 iso is defective.  Recompiling it from
source generates a working version.  However, the readpassphrase
problem is not easily resolved.  The distributed libc.so.4 seems to
have a problem.  Recompiling libc and installing it resolves that
issue but raises yet another undefined symbol "__lconv".  I don't
have a good idea how to get this resolved.
--
-- Doug