Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:20:40 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Stable List" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   EM MFC and 6.2 RELEASE

I have had a couple questions about using the driver that I just put
into STABLE on 6.2 RELEASE.

Right now it won't compile, this is because I put the MSI/X support
in the clear, figuring 'well, this is STABLE so why should I #ifdef :)'.

I should have known better, and of course the driver code that will
be in the Intel-published form DOES have the stuff #ifdef EM_MSI,
so it will compile on 6.2...

I am considering a compromise but I don't know exactly how you
do it, what I will do is put in a #if __FreeBSD_version around the
couple of places that matter... so here is the question: what is
the numeric way of designating RELEASE vs STABLE??

I could also just do this as EM_MSI_SUPPORT and then define
that in the Makefiles, but this seemed like the simplest way.

If someone can tell me how to do it I will check that change in
today...

Cheers,

Jack