Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 23:16:10 -0800
From:      jkh@violet.berkeley.edu (Jordan K. Hubbard)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SYSV IPC question

Newsgroups: comp.os.386bsd.questions
From: steve@geni18 (Steven J. Choy)
Subject: SysV IPC on FreeBSD
Sender: news@arl.mil (The News System )
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 12:09:20 GMT

I'm looking for others programmers that have tried using freeBSD
implementation of sysV IPC message queues. I am having problems
with the msgrcv call.  I am using code that I have been running
successfully on several other UNIX systems for the last 6 six years
and now trying to port to freeBSD on a 486/66 platform.

The msgrcv call appears to be overwriting my receive buffer.
My buffer is a local variable (off the stack).
The return value which is suppose to indicate the number of bytes
is returned correctly, but extra bytes off my stack are wiped out
and my buffer is overrun.  I'm using version 1.1.5.1.

Is there anyone else out there using the IPC feature on freeBSD?

Steven Choy e-mail steve@msc.arl.mil