Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:58:29 -0700
From:      "Dragon Knight" <dragonknight@dtgnet.com>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, "Steve" <bitpack@erols.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0 CD Images

>On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Steve wrote:
>
>> Okay.. I've downloaded the 3.0 '.img' cd images..
>
>Where did you get those from?

I downloaded them from.
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.2/FreeBSD/incoming/iso-3.0/

>> What dos/windows program would I use to create a cd out of them?
>
>They're binary images; assumably you know your writer software well enough
>to burn a binary image.

Adaptec Easy CD Creator which comes with a lot of the CD-R's I have
seen shipped will only burn it's own little type of images, and .iso's.  As
these
cd Images are .img files i am not sure whether they use the same internal
format or whatever it may be that would make them compatible/incompatible
perhaps you can burn them with EZCD.  I fear that it may not read the
RockRidge
extensions correctly and truncate the filenames to standard iso-9660 8.3
format.
But i haven't tried it yet...    Perhaps Gear or CDRWIN, which i hear are
better
than EZCD, will be able to do it, i do not know for sure.

But what i plan on doing tonight or tomorrow is perform a net-install of
version 3.0
(because i have an IDE CD-R) and making the CD using FreeBSD, because then
I know it will work.

Anyway, I doubt i've helped much but ya never do know.

Samuel Greear