Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:30:41 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Which Frontpage Server Extensions for apache-1.3.26_3?

At 09:06 PM 7.19.2002 +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
>Hello,
>     I've got a case here where I need to enable support for Frontpage
>Server extensions (Frontpage 2002, to be exact) with my apache server. I
>had a look in the ports dir, but I'm not which port one uses in order to
>add Frontpage server support to an *existing* apache webserver setup. I
>see these in /usr/ports/www:-
>frontpage
>mod_frontpage
>
>Do I do a normal make install clean for one of the above ports?
>Is there some special procedure for doing this?
>A couple of the linux referenced sites returned by google mentioned
>security issues - what's the status of these?
>
>I checked the apache website, (and googled but found only howto's and
>faq based on linux based servers) but couldn't  actually find an
>up-to-date / relevant how-to for this one.
>
>This is my first attempt at actually setting up a webserver at my home
>lan, and I would appreciate some assistance with this one.
>--
>Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
>Network Systems Engineer

You will need both of those ports. Install the mod_fp first and then the
frontpage (which is the extensions)..... just use the ports to install....
when you install the extensions, an interactive script should run so you
can configure them for your server and any virtual hosts....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net