Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:39:46 +0000
From:      Nimrod Levy <nimrodl@gmail.com>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Cc:        eric@vangyzen.net, freebsd@hda3.com, truckman@freebsd.org,  freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, avg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

To be honest, I can't remember for certain what's set in the BIOS right
now. The last post I made was from 3/17 and it says I have the memory clock
lowered and c-states disabled. I don't think I've changed anything but the
build of stable since then.

--
Nimrod

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 7:55 AM Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 20/04/2018 12:48, Nimrod Levy wrote:
> > I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one still interested in
> > this thread.  I don't really have anything new to contribute. I've been
> > getting about a week or so uptime out of my box. My habit has been to
> > see if it hangs, then reboot and rebuild latest stable and reboot and
> > run that for a while. Although now that this thread pops back up, I just
> > realized it's been 2 weeks since the last cycle. I don't trust it yet,
> > but I've seen clear improvement since this started.
>
> What setting sdo you have - just the ones I listed or some in the BSD
> setup itself ? I am surprised that the operson who said they were
> getting an actual Epyc server hasn't commented again on the thread.
> Hopefully that means it works fine on the server hardware :-)
>
> I have seen a few commits go through in STABLE related to VM which
> interest me, and which might cause hangs, so we shall see how it goes.
> Possibly looking at the Ryzen issue has flushed out a few VM problems
> anyway, which would be good, as more stbaility is always good (and I
> have a vague hope it might fix the mysetrious Go hangs too).
>
> -pete.

Nimrod