Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:45:09 -0400
From:      Steffin <ss008g@mail.rochester.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   INSTALLATION

I am installing FreeBSD from a DOS partition from the .iso file.

I have extracted from it.

Made the boot floppies.

Started the installation.

I got passed all of the basic stuff..... partitioned my hardrive.. have
the three partitions... everything goes fine until the installer starts to
look for the /bin directory on my DOS partition.

Here's the thing.
I have three partitions on my C drive
During the partitioning it recognizes my drives as ad0 ad1 and ad3
the partition I'm installng from should be ad0s2 or ad0s3 but it chokes
everytime I try to set the install to boot from DOS or as another file
system.

What am I missing?
Can the installer see all three partitions?
Should I redo my DOS drives?

thank you,
Steffin Spears