Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:26:02 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        sklimaszewski@walbridge.com
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install Problems - Guides

Steve,

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 04:35:33PM -0400, sklimaszewski@walbridge.com wrote:
> My name is Steve, and I am new to FreeBSD.  I am attempting to install
> FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE on a HP OmniBook 5000CT laptop.

[...]

Sorry, but the best place for information about is going to be on the
mobile@FreeBSD.org and questions@FreeBSD.org mailing lists.  You should
also check out the "mobile FreeBSD" web pages, which start at

     http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/PAO/

It's possible you may have to download special "PAO" versions of the
FreeBSD install floppies before this will work on your laptop.  That
page also links to a "supported hardware" list, so you can check that
your laptop is actually supported.

Hope that helps,

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>