Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:00:44 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Trent Nelson <tpnelson@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au>
Cc:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVIDIA Drivers for XF4

Thus spake Trent Nelson (tpnelson@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au):

>         What's porting going to involve? I can't see porting the kernel module
> being *too* difficult (I'd love to start on something after exams) - but
> I don't know how the Linux object files for the XFree86 interface are
> going to be dealt with (Linux developer port?).

If I understood dfr correctly (I've not taken a look at this yet), the
new AGP driver in -current does similar things and works for two
chipsets already (can't recall which, read cvs-all). However, porting
the nvidia driver shouldn't be the problem.

Alex

--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory