Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:22:32 -0500
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        "Dustin Puryear" <dpuryear@usa.net>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Performance Monitoring and SNMP

Yeah, I've done a bit of it but as I don't know anything about sar, I don't
really know what you are trying to do.  Mrtg will do a good job of
displaying graphs of incremental or non-incremental counter values and can
even operate on or mathematically combine them.  Formats are somewhat fixed
but you can easily generate both configuration files and summary index
pages.  Look at the contributed directory when you install it for a lot of
ideas.

You might want to look at RRD which is a followup to Mrtg, both more
flexible and more difficult.  If you follow the links from the web page you
will also find more front/back ends that may do things pretty much the way
you want them.

They are both great tools for extensive display of sampled data.

Jim Flowers - EZNets, Inc. <jflowers@ezo.net>