Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:13:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distfiles no longer on 4.0 CDs

In article <200004180308.NAA15105@lightning.itga.com.au> you write:
> Just a heads-up:  The 4.0 CDs from WC don't seem to contain distfiles any more
> - the last two disks contain only packages (i.e. pre-compiled binaries).
>
> Not that I am complaining, but I did find it very useful to have the distfiles
> to save long FTPs when we wanted to install stuff on Solaris!

That's bad. I was aware that the CVS tree was kicked off (and i can live with
that, as long as the release-source keeps beeing included.)

But loosing the distfiles is just plain bad. This saved me so much download
time. I hope they will be back on one of the next releases.

CU,
	Sec
--
Whatever the virtues of balance, it's just a pleasant form of insanity.