Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:20:09 +0200
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with lphoto

FYI:

lphoto depends on py-kde, not just py-qt. It doesn't depend on py-qt4.
But more importantly, it never worked well (anything useful with hardware
never worked) and over time it got more and more broken. I did look at the
shipwreck a few months ago but decided to let it sink.

This port should be *removed* unless someone gives it a lot of love.

Dan

On Saturday 18 August 2007 12:06:10 Rene Ladan wrote:
> w.r.pestman schreef:
> > Dear  FreeBSD team,
> > First of all I would like to say that I am very content having FreeBSD
> > on my machine.
> > And I like the FreeBSD ports very much.
> > Up to now, however, I have not been able to install the application
> > "lphoto" properly.
> > The installation proceeds with no error messages.
> > However, it systematically crashes at startup. See attachment. What's
> > wong?
>
> [...]
>
> It seems like Python and QT are not properly bound together.  What happens
> if you upgrade the python ports to 2.5 (see /usr/ports/UPDATING, entry
> 20070730) ?
>
> I'm seeing another Python/QT mismatch when starting devel/eric4 :
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/eric4.py", line 35, in
> <module> from KdeQt.KQApplication import KQApplication
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/KdeQt/__init__.py",
> line 20, in <module> import Preferences
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module> class Prefs(object):
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/__init__.py",
> line 182, in Prefs "CallTipsStyle"   :
> Qsci.QsciScintilla.CallTipsNoContext,
> AttributeError: CallTipsNoContext

I'm not familiar with eric, but perhaps it's using qscintilla for qt3?