Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:08:21 EST
From:      CARudeBoy@aol.com
To:        malartre@aei.ca, jlevy@henry.sandi.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a few questions

In a message dated 11/21/98 6:10:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, malartre@aei.ca
writes:

<< Jonathan Levy wrote:

 > 1.) I have a dos partion mounted, butit is read-only. How can i get
 > access to write to it?
 > 2.)I have a Matsushita CD-ROM drive connected, but FreeBSD won't
 > recognize it is there. What do I do?

 Hi
 This was one of my previous mail:
 ---------
 Assuming that wd0s1 is your first FAT16(32 if you have 2.2.7 or higher)
 partition, you can execute the mount command has root:
 # mkdir /dos
 # chmod 770 /dos
 # mount -v -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos

 or read only:
 # mount -rv -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos

 or add it in the /etc/fstab file:
 /dev/wd0s1              /dos            msdos   rw              0
 0
 or read only:
 /dev/wd0s1              /dos            msdos   ro
 0       0
 WARNING: this text may have some error in it.
 ---------
 Thank You
 --
 [Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][http://www.lowrent.org/freebsd/malartre/]