Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 00:11:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        SpectreTouch@earthlink.net
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: explanations

[Wow!  How did mail from earthlink.net get through?  They're major
spammers and I thought we had all the relevant points blocked - guess
I now know some more IP addresses to add to the firewall :-)]

In any case, 2 points:

1. Please send questions like this to questions@freebsd.org.
   for discussion of issues specifically related to our web server.
   Thanks.

2. The docs are out of date, that's all.  Our volunteer efforts
   in this area are running behind demand, I'm afraid, and there's
   really nothing I can do about it except ask that more volunteers
   come forward since it doesn't happen by itself.  /etc/sysconfig has
   also been replaced by /etc/rc.conf, hence your confusion.  You
   typically SHOULD have an /etc/resolv.conf if you're on a network
   and I can only conclude that you failed to configure your name server
   during installation properly.  "man resolv.conf"

					Jordan

P.S. I'm really not joking about earthlink.net - you're sending your
email from a notorious spammer who's on everyone's hate lists and if
you don't soon find yourself another ISP, you'll quickly find that
we're not the only ones to categorically block anything from this
domain.  After this message goes out I will, in fact, be using your IP
information to close the hole.