Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:05:31 -0700
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        Xeon2578@netscape.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD with two NIC's

	Setting up modems in FBSD is easy as cake if they aren't winmodems.
Just com1=cuaa0 etc. easy as cake for the most part.
	Now you can connect both of them using dial up networking [ppp] and
make the intenet lan one be the ppp server so as if the laptop is dialing an ISP.
	For the most part I was just joking around, but that is possible
not the best solution but it is a solution :)

	I haven't been really following this thread, I just hoped on it in the
message that you wrote when I first replied.
	Personally me, I'd hammer away until I have the NIC's problem
resolved just to resolve it, not cuz I need it :).

On 03/15/2001 3:45:35 PM, Xeon2578@netscape.net is quoted as saying:

. . . .|Are you suggesting that I try to connect the pc on the Internet Lan to the
. . . .|the BSD laptop using a modem connection? Cause they both have Modems...
. . . .|But i wonder what it would take to setup my modem on BSD?
. . . .|and is it possible to have such a direct connection between two normal
dialup modems??
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com> wrote:
. . . .|>
. . . .|>
. . . .|>
. . . .|> On 03/15/2001 3:20:03 PM, Xeon2578@netscape.net is quoted as
saying:
. . . .|>
. . . .|>
. . . .|> . . . .|What can I say..its a bit tough for me, I don't have a floppy drive
that I
. . . .|> can use to transfer the output to a machine on the network, I tried
installing
. . . .|> the Iomega Zip 100 USB, reconfigured the Kernel..etc, its seen at boot,
but it
. . . .|> hangs the Computer...I am in a fix....thats why I really need a n/w link.
. . . .|> . . . .|
. . . .|> . . . .|Any ideas i will try .....really hard.
. . . .|>
. . . .|>     If both machines have modems, just dial them up together :) 56k is
. . . .|> plenty enough for a telnet session  :)
. . . .|>
. . . .|> . . . .|
. . . .|> . . . .|
. . . .|> . . . .|
. . . .|> . . . .|Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU> wrote:
. . . .|> . . . .|>
. . . .|> . . . .|> Xeon2578@netscape.net wrote:
. . . .|> . . . .|> >
. . . .|> . . . .|> > I have irqs 14 15 1 10 7 0 8 listed when Issue the vmstat -i
. . . .|> . . . .|> >
. . . .|> . . . .|> > the dmesg|grep irq indicates irqs in use except 13 8 6 3 2...
. . . .|> . . . .|>
. . . .|> . . . .|> Please post the output of the commands. What you said above isn't
. . . .|> . . . .|> conclusive (IRQ 8 both in use and available?)
. . . .|> . . . .|> --
. . . .|> . . . .|> Lars Eggert <larse@isi.edu>                 Information Sciences
Institute
. . . .|> . . . .|> http://www.isi.edu/larse/                University of Southern
California
. . . .|> . . . .|>
. . . .|> . . .
. . . .|>
.|___________________________________________________________
. . . .|> _______
. . . .|> . . . .|Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
. . . .|> http://webmail.netscape.com/
. . . .|> . . . .|
. . . .|> . . . .|To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
. . . .|> . . . .|with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
. . . .|>
. . . .|>
. . . .|>
. . . .|> www.nul.cjb.net