Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 05:43:15 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Matt Wilbur <matt@efs.org>, Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Drive/Partition Copying Utilities

At 7:13 PM -0800 2002/02/23, Matt Wilbur wrote:

>  Were you just talking FreeBSD, I'd suggest dump and restore, but with that
>  hodgepodge, you're probably best off using ghost (www.symantec.com). Works
>  very well, and can 'grow' partitions on the fly during the
>  disk cloning.. so you can keep your winders/linux slices the same and make
>  lots more room for FreeBSD :)  Ghost's well worth the price..

	I know that Ghost is good for doing a bit-for-bit disk copy for
Microsoft OSes, but does it really properly grok Linux and FreeBSD
filesystems?  How does it manage to grow a Linux or FreeBSD
filesystem?  Heck, for that matter, how does it manage to grow a
Microsoft filesystem?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>

Do you hate Microsoft?  Do you hate Outlook?  Then visit the Anti-Outlook
page at <http://www.rodos.net/outlook/>; and see how much fun you can have.