Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:16:31 +0300
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash 9

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:27:20AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> I got Flash Player 9 for Linux working on FreeBSD *with* sound.
> If you want to try it, you can download this shared library
>=20
> http://www.alexdupre.com/libflashsupport.so
>=20
> and place it into /compat/linux/usr/lib.
> I tried only the standalone version and seems much more stable than
> flash7. Hoping to see a pluginwrapper for native firefox soon :-)
>=20

Some time ago I downloaded the flash9 plugin for firefox for linux from
the official site (don't ask me which was that :) and swapped the .so
file installed by linux-flashplugin-7.0r68 with the one found in the
archive I downloaded. Than I ran linux-firefox and visited
www.discovery.com. After 5-6 clicks the whole firefox crashed with
signal 10 and I reverted back to version 7 of the plugin. Btw I am
running FreeBSD 6.1/amd64.

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv