Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:30:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bryan Collins <bryan@casper.spirit.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   more softpower/apm..

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible for FreeBSD to execute a halt from
the powerswitch?

From reading the apmd doco, this is what apmd is suppose to do, handle
events from the APM bios and execute according to apmd.conf

If an ATX powersupply/motherboard is setup to suspend on power button,
(i.e hold down for 5 seconds to turn off)
can FreeBSD pick up this button press and do clean shutdown?
I tried running apmd -dv, but I cant seem to see any events from the power
button pressing.

Thanks

Bry