Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:39:19 -0500
From:      "Danny" <danny@hiteknology.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multiple NICs, different subnets, same router - complications!

	Hi there. I recently obtained a couple more IP's from my cable
modem provider, but they are not on the same subnet as the original IP,
however, the gateway's are the same as the first IP. I tried using
alias'd IP's but just ran into serious problems (I'm assuming because
the cable co's router didn't like me trying to use multiple IP's with
the same MAC address). So, I installed another NIC and config'd that to
one of the multiple IP's. This has been working fine, but just recently
I was bombarded with errors in the format of:

/kernel: arp: [default gateway ip] is on rl0 but got reply from [ep1 MAC
address] on ep1

And also:

/kernel: arp: [my ip #2] is on lo0 but got reply from [ep1 MAC address]
on ep1

This odd part is that my second IP (#2) isn't the primary network
interface used for outgoing traffic; I don't receive any messages from
this primary interface. I'm pretty lost here so help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks