Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:32:40 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Lodewijk Koopman <lkoopman@science.uva.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: first port

--=.HD60j?y4wWqCq(

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:16:14 +0100
Lodewijk Koopman <lkoopman@science.uva.nl> wrote:

Howdy,

> 1) the port installs additional documentation. The handbook states
> that it must be placed in a particular location
> (${PREFIX}/share/doc/${PORTNAME}). The problem is that the application
>
> installs its docs in ${PREFIX}/share/doc/html/${PORTNAME}. This
> location is hardcoded in the source and there is no option not to
> install the additional docs. How can I solve this elegantly? I also
> want to use the ports flag NOPORTDOCS.

You can use the REINPLACE_CMD to do inplace editing to change that, or,
a patch. Wrt to the NOPORTDOCS thing, something like this:

.if defined(NOPORTDOCS)
	modify relevant files to prevent docs install
.endif

Don't forget to edit your pkg_plist accordingly as well.

> 2) if I think I'm ready (and I've read the Do's and Don'ts) I want to
> send the port using send-pr. Do I need to supply a URL or something?

The usual way is to create a shar file of the port, cd /usr/ports/foo;
shar `find bar` > ~/bar.shar . Then use send-pr -a bar.shar to submit
that shar file. It will be appended in the fix section.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt