Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:33:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Stephan Galt <ssgalt@yahoo.com>
To:        Ron Hensley <ronh@intercom.net>, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new user -config questions

--- Ron Hensley <ronh@intercom.net> wrote:

> Check out the Handbook at freebsd.org. Here's a link
> to the section on the
> Boot Process.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/boot.html

From the handbook:
**********
The resource configuration system reads in
configuration defaults from /etc/defaults/rc.conf, and
system-specific details from /etc/rc.conf, and then
proceeds to mount the system filesystems mentioned in
/etc/fstab, start up networking services, start up
miscellaneous system daemons, and finally runs the
startup scripts of locally installed packages.

Where are networking services config files, misc.
daemons files, startup scripts?  I'm particularly
interested in the startup scripts - which ones and _in
which order_.  I assume the last read scripts may take
precedence over variables set in earlier scripts.

-