Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:10:47 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        David Xu <bsddiy@yahoo.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern kern_sig.c (fwd)

"Andrey A. Chernov" wrote:
> > UGH!
> >
> > #1    License on patch is GPL
>
> Why not Microsoft?

I don't unserstand the question.  Why not the same license that's
areleady on the source code for "su"?

> > #2    I guess now that this irritant is gone, the signals code
> >       will remain screwed up, until some time later when you
> >       see the shark fin above water, just before it bites
> >       someone else?
>
> Read commit message 2 or 3 times. Meditate on each word.

I did.  It's still an order of operation problem in the kernel
during fork(), as Bruce pointed out in a later posting (so me
pointing it out here is probably redundant... 8-)).

I still think other code is going to have the problem, too, so
changing su alone doesn't fix things.  Better to not deliver
the tty output stopped signal.

-- Terry