Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2001 00:53:36 -0400
From:      "James C. Durham" <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk, oh@btinternet.com, tadayuki@mediaone.net, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: newpcm driver on Dell Inspiron 4000

"Cameron Grant" <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>the maestro3 drivr is never compiled into the >kernel due to its firmware
>being under the gpl.

>'kldload snd_maestro3' should work.

Thanks to you all. I have it working..mostly..

I was not aware from reading the stuff I found
in the archives that it was "module only".

As I found out, I had to remove the pcm driver
to get it to work. If I had the pcm driver
in the kernel, there were complaints about
"pcm driver already loaded" or something of
that sort.

Thanks to all.

-Jim Durham