Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:59:25 +0000
From:      Mark Hutton <mark@influenced.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System health mnitoring

Hello Stan,

SB> I have a new machine that I'm installing FreeBSD STABLE on. In the BIOS I
SB> can see various temps,voltages, & rpms. I want to be able to monitor these
SB> at runtime.

Try xmbmon in the ports collection (cli version too), it has some via
specific stuff in it..

Works on my "chip1: <VIA 82C686 ACPI interface> at device 7.4 on pci0"

There's also a kernel patch for smbus stuff on some via chipsets by
Nicolas Souchu (http://people.freebsd.org/~nsouch/iicbus.html,
although unfortunately I was unable to get it working, most likely my
fault :))

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:mark@influenced.net