Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 17:41:21 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        koji@dti.ad.jp
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/12003: www/lynx-ssl build fails

Sorry I couldn't use send-pr to reply to this message. However, relevant
information has been posted here.

At 01:25 AM 6/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>Number:         12003
>>Category:       ports
>>Synopsis:       www/lynx-ssl build fails
>>Confidential:   no
>>Severity:       serious
>>Environment:
>FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE i386

uname -srm: FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE i386

>configure fail.
>
>===>  Configuring for lynx-ssl-2.8.1.1
>creating cache ./config.cache
>checking host system type... i386--freebsd3.2
>checking for gcc... cc
>checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe I/usr/local/include/openssl )
works... no

It should be noted that OpenSSL installs its libraries as
/usr/local/include/libssl*.h.
Also, that cc thing appears to be a typo..

In the Makefile, line 30:
-CFLAGS+=        I${PREFIX}/include/openssl
CFLAGS+=        -I${PREFIX}/include/libssl

I reran `make' in the port's toplevel dir, and it succeeded. I also tested
the lynx binary
that resulted, and it worked with a HTTPS (Thawte SSL Cert) server. :-)

--
Will Andrews <wca@gatekeep.net>
System Administrator, Gatekeeper Technologies