Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:52:00 +0200
From:      Mindaugas <service@ella.lt>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dial-in question

Hi,

I have a problem. I want to make dial-in conection (like internet
service provider).My modem is 14400 external on COM2.
In FAQ I found:

<12.8. How can I enable dialup logins on my modem?
<So you want to become an Internet service provider, eh?
<First, you will need one or more modems that can auto-answer.
<Your modem will need to assert carrier-detect when it detects a
<carrier and not assert it all the time.
<It will need to hang up the phone and reset itself when the
<data terminal ready (DTR) line goes from on to off.
<It should probably use RTS/CTS flow control or no local flow control
<at all. Finally, it must use a constant speed between the
<computer and itself, but (to be nice to your callers) it should
<negotiate a speed between itself and the remote modem.
<
<For many Hayes command-set--compatible modems,
<this command will make these settings and store them in
<nonvolatile memory:
<
<    AT &C1 &D3 &K3 &Q6 S0=1 &W

In file /etc/ttys i made shanges
> ttyd1 "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600" dialup on insecure

How I can make my modem to ansver the call, where I must put (in what
file) tis line "AT &C1 &D3 &K3 &Q6 S0=1 &W" and how i must do this.

maybye I don't know something else what I must to know about dial-in
connection making?
and where I can find more about dial-in atoanswer and etc.

--
Elektronikos labirintai
Technikos centras