Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 11:42:51 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Connection attempt... PID needed!

> As =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= wrote:
> > Can we report process number in this diagnostic to help
> > finding processes which cause some misterious things?
>
> This is hard to do.  Logfile examination and lastcomm(1) are better. :-)

lastcomm not helps for daemons...

> It's somehow related to sendmail.  I can reproduce it by starting
> sendmail directly to write me a mail, without any connection to my
> ISP.

When I kill sendmail, it not stopped.

> Ick.  Silly me. <:-)  It wasn't routed, but instead mail.local's
> ``biff'' attempts i've been watching.  But so now:

I have 'comsat' running, so it isn't my case.

> This connection attempt was provocated to see if the feature works.
> So regardless of whether i use SLIP or (iij)PPP, i cannot see any
> connection attempts on the router port.

Maybe it somehow related with writing routing tables in iij-ppp.
I'll try to not put any routing info in ppp and see what happens.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -