Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 1999 12:14:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Workman <shawn@bsdguy.com>
To:        Daniel Garcia <daniel@anakine.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Linux emulation

I have also been trying to get sybase to work on my BSD box..  I was getting
those errors as well, I had to rebuild my kernel with the following options:

options SHMMAXPGS=10000
options SHMMNI=100
options SHMSEG=10
options SEMMNS=200
options SEMMNI=70
options SEMMSL=61

For the shared memory.. I had a buddy of mine look into the system because he
has setup sybase before and is familiar with it.. He looked in the log files
and was seeing errors allocating about 12 MB of memory this fixed the problem..

Did you get any dependancy errors when installing the RPM?

E-Mail: Shawn Workman <shawn@bsdguy.com>