Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:44:10 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes), ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interest in a linux_crossdev port?

Michael Smith writes:
>Eric L. Hernes stands accused of saying:
>>
>> Yea, I've thought about that a lot in the last couple days.  How
>> do you say ``I want to cop out on this one'' without sounding lazy? ;-) ;-)
>
>Plead busy 8) Seriously, if you hadn't mentioned your intention to
>update the _lib port, I would have gone aheade with the slackware
>stuff I had ready.  However, you _are_ better positioned than me to do
>this, and you probably have more time 8)

_lib was getting so far behind that I was embarassed to have
my name on it ;-)  There were a couple of things that I could
never get to work.  Looking back it was all related to static,
unbranded elfs.  They work now!  So I don't mind bringing _lib
into the 1990's ;-)  Dunno about the time issue, I'm stealing
minutes away from other stuff :(

>Definitely need a make.  I would suggest the whole chain; make, gcc (a.out
>and ELF?), gas, bison, flex, all the binutils, all the libraries and headers
>(don't forget the kernel headers; everything else ends up including them)
>etc.

Ok, It's on the list, mid-to-late next week (maybe sooner, if it
rains tommorrow and the pheasants aren't flying ;-) )

>--
>]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@gsoft.com.au.au          [[
>]] Genesis Software                     genesis@gsoft.com.au            [[
>]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile)     0411-222-496   [[
>]] realtime instrument control.         (ph)          +61-8-8267-3493   [[
>]] Unix hardware collector.             "Where are your PEZ?" The Tick  [[

eric.