Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:52:27 +0100
From:      Marco Masotti <masotti@mclink.it>
To:        kstewart@urx.com
Cc:        Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xcpustate and SMP

Kent,  my SMP config is actually a kernel SMP config.

I believe Russel  has got the right point when saying that something is missing
inside to admire the SMP at work.
Actually again, the SMP behaves quite right, the system appears quite fine grained
to allow most identical programs, when run in parallel, to run maxing all the
available cpus all  their way out. That even if the specific applications are not
designed to accomodate their threads avoiding  to step onto each other foot while
executing.

I'm satisified with FreeBSD smp as I can be with linux, apparently as far as I've
seen till now.

Yet, the problem is in xcpustate, and also possibly in xosview (not tried that
yet).

Thank you for all replies.

Regards all

---