Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2011 14:27:13 -0700
From:      prabhakar lakhera <prabhakar.lakhera@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mbuf leak in icmp6 code??

Hi,

In FreeBSD icmp6 code I see function where we are either going to
freeit where passed mbuf is freed or we are simply returning.
For example:

icmp6_input calls icmp6_redirect_input and right after it returns it
makes m=NULL. Inside icmp6_redirect_input there are checks for ifp and
for the message being short (which probably don't get exercised that
often (or at all?)) and for these checks simply return. Looks to be
mbuf leak. In other icmp6 functions also we have similar instances.

Just wanted to check if these are there undetected or not. This is my
first mail to the BSD community so I am not sure if reporting this in
the mail the right way.
Please let me know.

Best,

Prabhakar