Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 16:46:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, dennis wrote:

> J. Dixon..making stuff up

Is the daughterboard held in by something other than friction?

Does the daughterboard not bend if you push it all the way in?

> You are so full of sh*t I can smell it over the net. Where do you have
> your router, in a dump truck? We sold thousand of cards with the
> old daughtercard and never did one ever "work its way loose", for
> christ's sake...there was never a problem....we changed it because
> some people didn't like the way it looked.....it was NEVER a problem

If you push the daughterboard home the PCB is bowed.  If you let it
sit in a working router for any period of time the card gradually
straightens itself out.  At that point the pins are just into their
sockets.

This is just bad design.

Our routers are rack mounted.  The only vibration is caused by fans.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015