Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:08:41 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Ben Cottrell <benco@pendor.McKusick.COM>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

> I would get behind a proposal to eliminate all the real "games" while leaving
> the rest, but I strongly oppose deleting the whole directory.

But as you just said yourself, those things which fall into the
"useful" category also AREN'T GAMES, so why the heck would you want to
preserve /usr/src/games strictly for a family of utilities which don't
even belong there?

By all means, move the misfiled items into /usr/src/usr.bin or
wherever they belong as non-games, but don't preserve this hierarchy
for the very worst of reasons, please!

					Jordan