Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:04:57 -0500
From:      dweinberg1 <dweinberg1@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hi i am having a problem with my sound and with my cdrom drive working.

Hi i added 'device     pcm' to my kernel and for some reason my sound is
showing up on the system when i type 'dmesg | grep pcm" i made the device
nodes in /dev for snd0 and i setup the mixer so that the volume is up on X
windows i can hear the speakers humming but when i try and play a .wav file
from the sound menu of multimedia nothing happens.

I also tried to setup my cdrom by adding 'device       cd' to the kernel but
nothing seems to happen i can use the cdrom to install packages but i cant
seem to use the cdrom to play music in X windows.

(btw i am using Gnome as a window manager.)
please help me its been driving me crazy thanx.

sincerely,
David Weinberg