Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:30:38 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014247838.8b3cc8@mired.org>
To:        "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qmail questions

Darryl Hoar <darryl@osborne-ind.com> types:
> Greetings,
> I am running FreeBSD 4.3.  I have installed and configured qmail.
> It works just fine.  I need to rewrite the from, reply-to ,etc
> when my qmail server is unable to deliver a message locally.
>
> I installed Mess822 from the ports.  My question is:  How to
> configure ofmipd to do the rewrites.  I posed my question
> a couple of times to the qmail mail list, but got no responses.
>
> I have read the manpages, but they didn't really enlighten me.
>
> Anybody doing this?

As posed, the question can't be answered. Without being told what the
rewrites are, there's no way to say how to do them.

If the question is really "How do I configure qmail to run ofmipd when
my qmail server is unable to deliver a message locally?", that's easy.
You create a /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-default that pipes the message
through ofmpid, or whatever script/program you need run on the
mail. All mail that doesn't belong to a real user or one of the other
things in /var/qmail/alias will be delivered to .qmail-default.

	<mike