Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:21:29 +0200
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdisp@aeon.st>
To:        Ignacio Cristerna <ignacioc@avantel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: web caching

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:59:54PM -0600, Ignacio Cristerna wrote:
> I am about to start using a Web chache. Is there a special reason why you´re
> looking for a Squid replacement? Is there any shortcomings in using Squid?

yes, squid requires too much attention, since it keeps dying
itself every now and then.

we're looking for something much more professional solution,
at least when it comes in stability.

also, i've been runnign squid, multiple versions, for several years
now, and it's still "not quite there yet" when it comes to keep
its disks sane. tho 2.3-rel4 is tolerable with that. yet, it still
seems to die too often.

mickey
--
mika ruohotie, jippii group