Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:26:49 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Andre Cameron <camcom@optonline.net>
Cc:        free bsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: adduser vs enteruser (Was Re: Adding users?)

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 02:21:16AM -0400, Andre Cameron wrote:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=24439
> >
> > I suppose one could "vote" for this bug by submitting a followup.
> >
> > -danny
>
> I agree:)  I started this thread looking for a way to add users and I
> grabed your url when it came poped the script in and I love it:)  I
> liked the of the queusers but I could not find the script for it.  I
> liked the menu and that I could remove users to...

You can only remove users from the queue in queueuser before you run
through the queue.  The queueuser functionality was added because I had
tech support personnel who would sometimes have to add users in bulk,
but didn't want to wait for the concurrency lock and pwd_mkdb process to
complete before their next data entry.  With queueuser they could take
all the data over the phone, then run the queue, and tell the customer
that their accounts would be live in several minutes.

Enteruser and queueuser are the same thing, it just depends what you
name the script:

ln enteruser queueuser

HTH,
-danny