Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:34:45 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Eric Paynter <eric@arcticbears.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: arp: x is on y but got reply on z

In the last episode (Nov 18), Eric Paynter said:
> Right, good option. So, how do I put more than one IP on the same nic?
> Or is that a question for the newbie list?

Edit /etc/rc.conf and add a line similar to the following:

ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="inet 1.2.3.4 netmask 0xffffffff"

If the aliased IP is in the same netblock as your main IP, use a
netmask of 0xffffffff.  If it's in a different netblock, use the
correct netmask for that network.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com