Date:      Wed, 4 May 2011 01:23:52 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS v28 for 8.2-STABLE

According to Martin Matuska:
> I have updated patch to reflect latest changes (grab latest one):
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/v28/

My 8.2-STABLE machine (r221058) is running with the 20110317 patch applied, I put back my partition on the 3rd drive as a cache (was taking a full CPU in v15 due to a overflow bug) and it has been working fine for a few days now, doing www/uucp/dns/dnssec/ssh and sending away dozens of spammers.

Handle these all fine, I even enabled deduplication on some filesets:
643 [1:19] root@centre:munin/plugins# zpool list

NAME   SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
data   284G   210G  73.8G    74%  1.00x  ONLINE  -  1x 320 GB
tank   294G  69.2G   225G    23%  1.06x  ONLINE  -  2x 320 GB mirrorred

> As to your setup, have you tried using a partition as a log device?

cache yes, log no.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/