Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:53:17 -0500
From:      "Gene Bomgardner" <glbj@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freeBSD-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Name resolution - Finding DNS

Thanks to all who responded to my dilema with PPPoE. the
problem was indeed in ppp.conf.

Another problem has cropped up:

The setup is

------------------------  HUB  ------------------------------
     |                       |                        |
FBSD Box 1     MODEM            FBSD Box 2

Note that all PCs and the modem are on a hub. FBSD box #1 runs
3.4, is set up as a gateway running Natd,  and accesses the Net
just fine. No problems. FBSD Box #2 can access the Net just fine
via Box 1 as long as IP adresses are used. However, Box #2
cannot resolve domain names. I think it doesn't know where to look
for a DNS server (I've got named running on Box #1).

How do I tell Box #2 to look to Box #1 for name resolution?

Thanks again.
 Gene