Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:25:48 -0500
From:      "graphics" <lart@mfn.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Incorrect Drive size on FBSD-anything

Greetings,

    Just a passing note regarding FreeBSD on ASUS P5AB
motherboards:

    Regardless of the FBSD version
[tested 2.2.5 to 5.0BETA20000501], drives over 32gb
are seen as 2gb.  This is not a BIOS likely a BIOS issue,
as Linux sees these [45gb] drives just fine on this same
box <boggle>.

    This is the only platform on which this problem
seems to appear: I have several large [45-60gb] drives
on other [FBSD] boxen - so it's obviously just an
oddity with this particular motherboard...

    Like I said, just for the record [archives]...

 Cheers!

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org